Wednesday, March 6, 2013

hanging on............

Well we have made it to the middle of the week.  This month is full of evening meetings and early morning meetings and is a true endurance test for me.  I wish I had the energy of say a 50 year old...but as a friend reminded me this morning   TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE; SO - ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.

I received a notice yesterday that our property taxes are going up and so is the homeowner's insurance.  This is the second year in a row they have both increased.  Paychecks decreasing and costs increasing creates a very stressful time for Americans.  

My son-in-law works for the government and he is being furloughed one day a week resulting in a 20% decrease in their income.  Since I supplement my brother's disability income I'm constantly watching what is happening with Social Security.  (like many other seniors)
I get so frustrated with our elected officials....it doesn't appear that anyone is really looking out for the average American.  They are too busy protecting special interest groups and the wealthy.  I can only hope and pray that we will see improvement somewhere down the road.

No comments: