Saturday, March 30, 2013

Getting Ready

We are working hard today.  Ron mowed the backyard getting it cleaned up for the start of spring.  I found someone to mow for us for the rest of the summer since Ron won't be doing any yard work. 

While Ron has been working out back I've been spring cleaning.  I guess we are trying to get everything ready for what's coming.

Ron and I talked last night about him retiring after this surgery.  Right now he commutes to the city and I just hate that.  It's not a bad commute but I just worry about him on the highway.  It just seems smart to go ahead and start drawing his social security now and not wait until he's 66.  There are too many unknowns and he could be enjoying life right now.  It would also be easier to schedule trips around my job rather than trying to schedule around two jobs.  He'll be eligible for Medicare in 10 months and we can manage with him covered under my policy until then.  He's going to think about it but I think he will probably agree with me after the surgery. 

He doesn't like the idea of retiring while I'm still working but I told him it would actually be a help to me.  He'd be able to take some of the burden of Mike's care off of me.  Ron's great at managing the house and overall I think it would be good for both of us.  I'd only be 5 minutes away if he needed me and that's a good feeling.  We have to enjoy the time we have while we have it.  There is no guarantee about tomorrow.  I'll retire in 27 months so it won't be long but we will have my health insurance until then and with all the medical bills that's good.

Tomorrow we go to church and then a big family picnic at my daughter's house.  Looking forward to spending time with all the family.

Happy Easter to my internet friends.  You keep me lifted up with all your prayers and good thoughts.  I thank each and everyone of you!

3 comments:

Olga said...

happy Easter to you and all your family.

kenju said...

We all wish you a Happy Easter and hope that all will work out the way you want it to.

Arkansas Patti said...

Have a warm and wonderful Easter with family.