Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Truth be told

Yesterday I went to Walmart on my way home from work.  It was about 5:15 or so and the first thing I saw when I walked in was a line-up in front of the greeting card section.  They were all men.  Each looking a bit perplexed as they perused the valentines trying to pick one for a wife or sweetheart.  I really got tickled.  Most of them had either a single rose in one hand or various stuffed animals.  The one thing they all had in common was a very pained look on their face.  There were more men there then at the recruiting station the day after the Vietnam (draft) lottery was held.

I ran into a young newlywed male I work with and he was carrying a lone plant and a card.  I laughed at him and he explained that he had to wait until the last minute or his wife would find any surprise he might have purchased.  I told him that I bought Ron's gift a month ago and he didn't find it.  The young man then put me in my place when he answered, "Yeah, but we don't look."

1 comment:

Arkansas Patti said...

Hum,I wonder if the urge to snoop is age related. Maybe it goes about the same time as our vision and waistlines.