Monday, February 13, 2012

Snow flakes and chihuhuas

We had a good weekend.  Mike was doing well.  He came over Saturday to our house and watched a basketball game.  I fixed him pork chops which he seemed to have thoroughly enjoyed.  His choking phobia seems to have subsided and he's eating so much better now.  He asked me if he could get a dog.  My first reaction was no because I thought "Oh my gosh, one more thing for him to get anxious over" but then I softened and talked it over with Ron.  It might do Mike a world of good to have the company and something to think about other than himself.  He's always had a dog up until a year before our mother died.  I guess if it doesn't work out Ron and I can take the dog.  Soooooo we're going to start scouting for a rescue Chihuahua.  It won't require grooming and Mike had one when he was a kid.  Hope I know what I'm getting into here.

We celebrated Ron's birthday Saturday night.  He wanted a steak dinner with onion rings so we all went to Outback.  Then Ron and I and my daughters went to the movie, "The Woman in Black."  It was very little dialogue but a lot of ghosts jumping out and scaring the bejeebers out of you.  Not my kind of movie but I loved the company.

We woke up to snow this morning.  The streets are OK but a pretty blanket of snow covers the yards.  I was reminded just how spoiled I've become in a mere 9 months.  My sweet husband was out first thing clearing the snow from my car.  I couldn't help but wonder how did I get so helpless?  I've been so darn independent for so long but yet I have no problem relinquishing to the chivalry of my husband.  It never goes unnoticed nor unappreciated.  He makes me feel so taken care of and cared about.  It's the million little things like carrying in the groceries or the #1 reason I know I'm spoiled rotten...........he takes my car and fills it up with gas.  Before I even know it needs any.  No one has ever done that for me.  If the time comes that I'm on my own again I hope I won't have forgotten how to be independent.  It scares me a little.

 

2 comments:

Olga said...

I have to admit to being a bit jealous over the fill up the car with gas. My Mike never puts gas in my car--ever--even when he is driving it. Sometimes complete strangers feel free to remark when I am pumping gas as he sits in the driver's seat.
But, really, it's the one fault between the two of us that we have to put up with in our relationship. Ha!

Arkansas Patti said...

You do have a keeper lady. Enjoy that rare fellow.