Monday, May 18, 2009

My daughters decided that this year was the year I should hire my lawn mowed. Now I'm a rather independent person and I confess a little frugal when it comes to spending money for things I can do myself however this weekend was the first time in all my 59 years that someone else mowed my yard. I have to admit...........what a luxury and they were done in about an 1/8 of the time it takes me to do it. But...they did use a riding mower so it's not exactly comparing apples to apples. I have a very large yard and as I have aged and the arthritis has worsened I'll admit it is a bit much for me to maintain. It seems it takes me a great part of my Saturday as I have to stop and rest frequently. I've always gotten a lot of satisfaction from doing it myself but these days I have little energy left over to keep up the flowers beds. Maybe now, having it mowed, I will
have more time to dig in the dirt. Speaking of dirt.....I never made it to the nursery to get flowers for my window boxes. I did manage to re-pot one of the plants I received when my mom died. I finally have all but one planted. I'm hoping to get a little spring fever going so I'll get productive. I need to paint the outside of my house but I can assure you I don't have that much energy. I think I painted it for the last time about 6 years ago. It will have to be done by someone else this time or I'm putting up siding. One or the other! It sure takes a lot to maintain a home. Now when I do something to the house I'm hoping it lasts longer than I do!

1 comment:

kenju said...

Good for you for hiring the lawn done. You deserve a break from all that!