Friday, May 29, 2009

It's late and I really need to get to bed but I just finished watching some ET special about Jon and Kate Gosslin. I started watching Jon & Kate Plus Eight because of the twins and sextuplets. Having twins of my own I was fascinated how they could manage such a big family. Twins were enough of a challenge for me. Their children are so cute and it was a fun little show but it has turned into something else altogether. Who knows what is true or not but I have a problem with people being so anxious to watch the breakdown of a family. That's NOT entertainment that is just tragic. I'm finished watching it. I just hope they can do what is responsible and in the best interest of their children.

Divorce is just a sad thing. I realize that over 50 percent of marriages fail in this country and I'm not sure why. I never in my life expected to be divorced. It was one of the most painful experiences of my life if not the most painful. It certainly prepared me for future hurts because I figured if I survived that I could survive anything, and I pretty much have. I can't even imagine having to go through that under the watchful eyes and scrutiny of the entire country.

1 comment:

kenju said...

I know what you mean. I have watched that show a few times, and enjoyed the kids and the way the parents handled them, but I will not watch now. The possibility of them splitting up is unbearable to me - because of the children.

I saw what it did to four of my grandkids when their mom and dad divorced. Five years later, there are still almost daily repercussions and no end in sight.