Sunday, May 31, 2009

I have been trying to decide just what it is about getting older that I like. Honestly, there are a lot of reasons. But the foremost reason is that I like the fact that I have had just enough life experiences to be remotely qualified to comment on most of them. My hope is that reincarnation really exists so I can put to use in my next life what I have learned in this one. If I were to write a life resume it would consist of the following: I have 31 years experience as a single mother. I learned about raising multiples from my identical twins. I raised a child with a disability. I have a brother who suffers from schizophrenia and I know first hand the struggles of dealing with mental illness. I have over 40 years of work experience and have successfully mastered the art of "playing well with others." (A valuable lesson I learned in kindergarten) I have learned to cope with chronic pain having been diagnosed with juvenile arthritis as a kid. But most of all I have learned not to take life or myself too seriously. Though I am an expert on nothing I am experienced in much. My best advise to others is that no matter what the problem you are facing just wait...for like the weather it will change. Nothing endures forever. Never forget that there are opportunities for personal growth in every challenge we face. What we get out of life depends on how we choose to look at it.

1 comment:

kenju said...

Your last sentence says it all. It is absolutely true.