Friday, August 15, 2008

The flood gates are open!

Rain, Rain, and more rain expected. We had quite a lightening show last night followed by a gully washer. It reminds me more of spring time than mid August. We are usually baking our little brains this time of year but these 80 degree days are really nice. It's a little muggy but I don't mind that. I did manage to get my yard mowed before the water works began but just barely. My mother's cousin Wanda always made her kids wash walls when it was raining outside. Rain was just a good excuse to put all the kids to work and keep em out of trouble. I like to curl up with a good book when it is raining but if there is a good thunder storm that's the perfect time for a nap! And the minute the rain stops......head out for a walk. The air never smells as sweet as it does after rain.

No comments: