Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Recovery Update

Just a little update on my recovery from knee replacement.  It has been 16 days since surgery.  I had my staples removed last Friday and that felt wonderful.  I'm about six weeks ahead of schedule on my recovery as per the surgeon.  He said they expect to see about a 90-degree bend in knee at 6 weeks and I was 120 degrees at 2 weeks.  That doesn't mean I won't peak and slow down, but it did mean I'm ready for outpatient PT now.  Since I have the range of motion I now need to work on strength and stability.  This can be better accomplished in outpatient therapy.  So here we go!

I must brag on my dear husband who has been the best nurse, PT aide and all-around caregiver.  He has wrestled the TED hose and helped me in every possible way.  I don't know what I'd have done without his help.  Now we know exactly what to expect when I get the right knee done.  I am not ready to schedule the 2nd surgery yet but maybe in a month or so.

So I'll keep on keeping on.

1 comment:

Florence said...

What a blessing that you are recovering smoothly! I hope your physical therapy goes as well.

How is your brother? Is he coping well following your surgery?