Monday, June 22, 2020

What The Heck Is A NEW NORMAL anyway?

Due to the fact that every day is just a continuation of the last I haven't had much to say.  We have turned off the tv because the news is enough to make us go screaming down the street without  a mask.  I get all the news I can stand from the news feeds I subscribe to online.  Today's news from Kentucky was enough to set off today's bad mood.  Voter suppression that is so blatant and racially targeted only a corrupt legal system would have let it stand.  It just makes me sick.

The circus came to town in Oklahoma this past Saturday.  The only consolation was that Trump's expected HUGE turnout didn't even fill the 20,000 seats in the convention center.  There were no crowds waiting outside either.  Of course there were still 6,200   attendees too many.  I suppose we will see the aftermath of that many unmasked people crowded together in about 14 days.  If they get infected they have their ringmaster to thank for encouraging their willful disregard of health precautions.

November can't get here soon enough for a number of reasons.  The obvious is the opportunity to vote this clown out of office.  Of course I would like to see everyone who supported him during the past 4 years exit the door right behind him.  The other is hopefully we will be just that much closer to a vaccine and/or treatment for COVID19.  

I hope everyone is staying healthy and safe. 

3 comments:

Florence said...

I know what you mean about the news! I still try to watch the PBS News Hour but often just can’t bring myself to watch it. I can hardly believe that 120,000 Americans have died of a virus that was unknown to most of us 6 months ago. I look back on my list of projects that I wanted to do in 2020 and just shake my head that I had no idea what was coming.
212 days until the inauguration. I will be so happy to never see the current horror or hear his voice or any of his awful family again.

Olga said...

It's hard to understand why there is support from anyone for Trump. The line up of Republicans who support him is what really makes me wonder what in the world is going on that I am completely missing because I see no good coming out of any of the events of the past three and a half years.

oklhdan said...

Although every administration was warned that an impending pandemic was inevitable it appears we were caught with our pants down. Our reaction to was predicted as well (no one thought Americans would heed social distancing or wear masks) they were clearly right in their thinking. I'm with you Olga, I can't imagine anyone following this man or listening to his rhetoric. I guess history will sort it all out someday.