Saturday, April 21, 2018

Puppies

Oh what a cutie patootie we have staying in our house.  I'll post pictures when I find my camera!

The puppy (Winnie Cooper) was great last night.  She slept all night with no crying or whimpering.  Amazingly adaptable.

My daughter hasn't met her new girl yet.  She had to go out of town this weekend so I'm sure she is just dying to get back home.  She's going to be instantly in love.  Nothing like puppy breath!

Ron is already having a ball with the pup.  They wrestled on the floor last night for about an hour and when she was completely wrung out we put her in her crate and that it was it for the rest of the night.  She was awake about 6 am and ready to eat and play!  

The good thing about this arrangement is that even if we get attached we will still see her anytime we like and will be available for dog sitting!  It's the best of both worlds and we don't have any of the expense!

Since my weight loss there have been several things I've struggled with a bit.  Every time I see my reflection I see a stranger.  My face has aged so much I don't recognize myself. Another issue is that my brain and body image haven't reconciled.  When I go shopping I always go to the larger sizes.  Seems I have to start with extra large and work my way down.  It just doesn't feel natural yet.  I would say the last 10 pounds brought the biggest changes.  It felt gradual until then and I seemed to adjust more easily.  Now I just feel like a stranger in my own body.  It's weird!  

I once lost a 100 pounds in a year.  It was the year after the twins were born.  I was so busy I hardly noticed it happening and when the weight was gone it was more of, "Oh there you are! I remember you"!  But the biggest difference between then and now is the skin.  When I was heavy I really didn't have any wrinkles.....they were well stretched out.  Now I'm a deflated balloon.  Nothing and I mean nothing bounces back!  Oh the advantages of maintaining your weight when you are young!   

But I wouldn't change a thing!  I am exactly who I was meant to be.

3 comments:

Deb said...

You're amazing to stick to your diet and lose that weight! CONGRATULATIONS!

I need to lose 25 pounds. That would probably help my spine and hip pain a lot. I am down 40 pounds from where I was at my heaviest and in some places I'd give a mama bloodhound a run for for her money! LOL

Winnie Cooper! That's a cute name for the new pup.

We have sun and the snow in our courtyard has melted. Hoo-RAY!

Hugs from Canada!

oklhdani said...

Hi Deb! 40 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. It is harder to lose the older we get.

Olga said...

Interesting the adjustments that need to be made as we travel thorough life. Sounds like you have a good deal going with the puppy.