Tuesday, October 7, 2014

I saw the surgeon last Thursday because the knee pain just kept getting worse.  I went in with my Web MD diagnosis which he listened to quite respectfully.  Then he said, "Now, are you ready for me to tell you what's really wrong with you?"

What?  I'm wrong?  But the internet does not lie!!!!

Then he proceeded to show me the x-rays of my knees......both knees bone on bone.  

Whoa......what about my diagnosis of tendonitis?  I'm not ready for anymore surgery.  

We finally agreed on a treatment plan that involves no cutting....at least for now.  More physical therapy to strengthen the muscles in my right leg and he prescribed a compounding medication where they take 5 drugs and put them together into a topical cream.  Only problem is my insurance denied it so I'll have to pay out of pocket to the tune of $169.00.  Then if all this doesn't work he will start cortisone injections to keep me going until they don't work anymore.

So......here we go again.   I'm going to be nothing but a bunch of metal parts when I die.

1 comment:

Olga said...

The bionic woman returns!
Rotten luck, but I hope you can contain the pain and enjoy life until those new knees become a necessity.