Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Telephone Voices

This past weekend my daughter talked me into narrating her back to school presentation.  She said she doesn't like the sound of her own voice so she solicited me to do it.   It took us 5 hours to put this thing together and now she's making fun of me for using my "telephone voice".   Pre-K Orientation

I don't think anybody likes the sound of their own voice when they hear it.  My mother definitely had a "telephone" voice.  It was this low, sultry voice that would switch to normal once she knew it was one of her kids on the other end.  We made fun of her as well.

I sound a lot younger than I am and it has gotten me off the phone when solicitors call.  I just tell them my parents aren't home.

What do you like or dislike about your own voice?


3 comments:

Olga said...

You do have a young voice. I hate my voice for not being able to carry a tune in a bucket. Or is that my ear?

tatiana roosevelt said...

I always hated my voice, thought it sounded too masculine....then I got fat thighs and stopped worrying about my voice. I did have a lady tell me the other day that she liked my voice.

Meryl Baer said...

Still have an undeniable New York accent after decades away. Guess I will never lose it.