Saturday, July 14, 2012

What a difference a week can make!

Wow, what a difference a week can make.  Mike is doing amazingly well.  He told me he can't control his thoughts but he can control how he reacts to them.  That was said with such clarity.

He saw Dr. T. on Thursday and told him good-bye.  He was just as calm about it as could be.  Yesterday he went to the gym in the morning and felt so good he drove to the clinic by himself and picked up his prescriptions.  That's an hour round trip.  Something he hasn't been able to do in two years.  WOW.  I do wish he had told me he was going before he did it but alls well in the end. 

I think the last bit of Thorazine is now out of his system and perhaps that explains the sudden clarity and ability to think.  Whatever the cause I am grateful.  Life has felt so near normal this week and it reminds me I have much to be thankful for.  Now maybe I can help my niece get back on her feet.  I'll not get in over my head though.

2 comments:

Muffy's Marks said...

So glad for Mike, hope it lasts. Good luck with your next venture!!

Arkansas Patti said...

Such wonderful news for Mike. I am so glad that Thorazine is out of his system. That is such a personality destroying drug.
Very happy for you but much happier for Mike. He now has a life.