Saturday, June 20, 2009

I started this blog only as another form of journaling. I never imagined anyone other than myself reading it and if someone accidentally come upon it I imagined they might read and then move on to more interesting things. I still think I just write to ramble about my day or what I'm thinking at the moment. I have always journaled but as arthritis and hand surgeries have made it harder to write the old fashioned way I turned to typing an online journal. It has helped me work through sad times and allowed me an avenue to vent frustrations. Knowing that others may read it at times makes me feel I need to be a more interesting person but then I realize that defeats the initial intent. I never think about being anonymous because I'm not good at keeping secrets anyway.

I started my vacation today. I have checked one thing off my to do list and patched the missing mortar in the brick work. It was a pretty easy job. I got that done this morning before it got too hot. I need to move on to the next project but I haven't figured out what that is yet. I've been considering painting the brick on my house. Everything I've read kind of discourages that idea but I think it would be fun to have a completely new look. I was thinking of a grey brick with white trim and a charcoal grey roof, black shutters and a red door. I'd like to put in a grey slate walkway to the porch. I'd add lots of red flowers in the landscaping. Does anyone have any experience with painting brick?

1 comment:

kenju said...

No experience with it, but all I can think of is that you'd have to repaint every so often. The expense of that would make me think long and hard about doing it in the first place.