Thursday, August 1, 2019

If you can't stand the heat......

Well, where to start.  I am now 70 years old.  A fact that I still haven't quite wrapped my brain around yet.  My daughters hosted a birthday party for their old mom and it was great fun for old and young alike.  The kids swam for hours, the younger crowd shared their dismay to see summer end.  And the rest of us oldies just ate, stayed inside where it was cool and tried to figure out how we got so old so fast!

On Monday Mike had his pacemaker surgery and did great.  He had to stay overnight in the hospital but was loving being the center of attention.  He was discharged Tuesday morning with the restriction he is not to raise his left arm.  They strapped his arm down as a reminder but we didn't feel comfortable leaving him on his own so he is staying with us.  So far everything is going remarkably well.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say once more that I'm married to a saint!  Ron has bathed my brother and helped him dress every day.  A job he took on himself to preserve Mike's dignity.  Also Mike has been so cooperative and pleasant that it's just worked out great.  He has a follow-up with the heart doctor on Monday and we will evaluate the situation then.  He may be with us the entire 4 weeks but it will all work out fine.

Over the past year Ron and I both gained weight.  Today we recommitted to a healthier eating plan.  I want to get the extra weight off so I'll be in a better position to have knee replacement surgery.  I have a consultation August 22.

I drug out my sewing machine today and made new curtains for my daughter's classroom.  She's decorating her class in a farmhouse theme and wanted buffalo check curtains.  I haven't sewn in so long I couldn't even remember how to fill the bobbin.  It's a new machine I had only used once about 4 years ago.  Now I'm anxious to work on some other projects.  Maybe a few Christmas projects.

I have managed to start my Christmas shopping.  I think I've purchased 5 or 6 gifts so far and I know pretty much what I'm getting everyone this year.  Just want to spread the money over the next 3 months.  We still have to have the line replaced in our AC unit.  Estimate was about $900.  Not to mention the hit we took from the damaged carpet.  The AC was patched up and freon added in the hope it would make it until the fall.  However, we are having triple digit heat right now and I've got my fingers crossed the AC will make it. 

Hope everyone is staying cool wherever you are.  Oh, the heat made me think of a new bumper sticker.  "If you voted for Trump, you better get used to the heat".  That's my slam on climate change deniers!

Oh a final note.  I'm still taking the cbd oil and lungs are continuing to improve.  I had my first A1C taken yesterday since starting the oil and I was down from 7.1 to 6.0.  That's a significant drop and I wasn't even eating as well as I should.  I can't wait to see where it is after eating right!

3 comments:

Olga said...

Happy belated birthday!

oklhdan said...

Thank you Olga!

Peter parker said...

Issues in disabling the Binance account|Binance number
Are you having trouble in disabling the Binance account after executing steps from all the search engines? If you are unable to disable the Binance account and looking for assistance to deal with it, you can always take help from the team who is there to support you. You just have to call on Binance support phone number which is all the time active and users can contact the team anytime to avail fruitful solutions. Get in touch with the team anytime and speak to them regarding issues. Your issues will be resolved by the team anytime and provide you with accessible solutions immediately.