Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Double Bubble

Sunday I opened my living room window and my eyes were assaulted by my neighbor's choice of house paint.  He was painting his house with the brightest pink paint I've ever seen.  It was Pepto Bismal pink.......the brick on his house is orange.

Hoping that it was a primer but a little concerned I was standing in my front door when suddenly the neighbor came across the street looking extremely mad.  I opened the door and he threatened, "You want you car painted?"  At first I thought he was referring to the fact that he was using a spray painter and maybe he wanted me to move my car.  

Then he said..."I saw you staring at the house and I'm sick of all you neighbors.  I bought the cheapest paint I could find and the pinkest and you can just deal with it."

Well, a little history is needed here.  His mother lived in the house until her death 4 years ago.  Her son has been remodeling it and is going to use it as a rent house.  As far as I know no one has complained even though the house has been in a state of disrepair for 4 years.  But according to the son the city received a complaint and put a notice on his house that he had to get it painted.  AND SO HE DID!  He was so threatening he actually scared me a little.  I've known him since he was 8 years old for goodness sake.  Ron wasn't home when it happened but he is so mad.

Other than the bubble gum house all is well.  I'm going to help my daughters at back to school night tonight.  Just be an extra hand I guess.

 

No comments: