Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Retirement - I can almost touch it

Wow, I'm so ready for retirement that I'm struggling to go to work.  I've already begun the phasing out of my job..it actually started while I was off having my hip surgery.  My replacement was hired and has been here almost a year so I have less and less to do.  It's really hard finding my place and yet I'm not leaving until November 1st.  I had planned to go August 1st but didn't realize I wouldn't receive my first social security check until the end of September.  It takes 3 months before I will start receiving my state retirement.  I don't want to spend so much of our savings to carry us for that long so I guess I will have to delay retirement another 2 to 3 months.  It is going to be hard to wait.  I'm ready for the next chapter of my life.
 

3 comments:

kenju said...

I don't blame you one bit. You are ready for and deserve a good rest. Be patient....it is all you hope it will be.

Olga said...

I remember those last few months being so hard. Your mind does go elsewhere even as you try to remain a good and loyal employee. It is a lesson in patience and gratitude. There has to be gratitude because your work makes your retirement a possibility.

Bella Rum said...

The last few months are the hardest. You are going to love retirement.