Friday, August 23, 2013

Ghost stories

I told a story a while back about how after my father died I would go to bed at night and just after turning off the light I would feel the weight of something/someone sit on my bed.  I always thought it was the dog but I'd turn on the light and nothing was there.

Well, I had no idea just how many people have had similar experiences.  They are all over the internet.  It also surprised me to read that so many people were frightened by the experience.

It never frightened me.  In fact, it was a comforting experience.  It happened several times before I connected what was happening to my father.  Once I did then I really felt comforted and felt that he was there watching over me.

Over the years it has faded away and I've only felt it once in the past four years.  Maybe now that Ron and I are married my dad feels assured that I'm ok and no longer need him.

If you have ever had such an experience please comment.  I'd love to hear about it.

3 comments:

Olga said...

Dani, I have had that experience and I am so hoping to have it again.

oklhdan said...

Oh Olga I hoe you do too!! You are s in my thoughts and prayers!

Deb said...

Dani,
I think I told you of the "spirit cat" who would jump onto the bed and snuggle into the crook of my knees, purring and treading, night after night. I always assumed it was one of our two cats, until I woke one morning, reached down and discovered there was no cat there, though I could still feel it, and that our two cats were occupied elsewhere.

It wasn't frightening. It happened hundreds of nights in the 11 years we lived there. And I told the realtor I hoped the new people weren't put off by a cat that wasn't there. I'm not sure she believed me. I was half-hoping it would come with us, but it didn't.

Deb