Friday, June 28, 2013

Good Days Ahead

This has been a productive week.  We managed to combine our annual medical staff dinner meeting and monthly board meeting into one night.  I told Ron I only have two more of those meetings left to attend since I will be retiring in two years.  Our quarterly award ceremony was yesterday and I am caught up at work right now which only happens about two times a year.  That puts me in a great place before I'm off on vacation.  I hate to take off only to be greeted by a pile of work when I come back.

I realized last night that 24 months isn't very long when you measure it in meetings.  I have 24 more Board meetings....8 quarterly meetings.... etc.  I can do this standing on my head.  The next two years are full of dates to remember....Ron applies for Medicare in Oct..receives it in Feb. 2014...I apply in  March and receive it in July of 2014...May 2015 I notify the state of my retirement date in July and apply for Social Security.  Ahhhhhhh it will be here before I know it.  In the meantime I will enjoy my co-workers and my job while looking forward to the next phase of my life.


No comments: