Monday, May 20, 2013

Monday Blues

What a Monday it has been....Mike called at 6:30 am to tell me he had taken the wrong meds.  He had taken his night time pills instead of the morning pills so I ran over there to see just what he'd taken.  It wasn't too awful since most of them he takes twice/day anyway but there were 3 that needed to be omitted tonight since he has already taken them.  I was mostly concerned about the anti-psychotic medication but we were OK there.

He is getting closer to requiring 24/7 care.  I just don't know how I'm going to pull it off yet.  I'm still trying to decide what is best all the way around both financially and with his safety as a priority.  But this is hard!

Last night I went to bed feeling completely overwhelmed.  But if I just slow down and tackle each thing one at a time I'll eventually get this under control.

Ron and I have one more weekend before his surgery.  I just went to the doctor myself because I was pretty sure I had a kidney infection coming on and I was right.  Thank goodness I caught it early.  I can't afford to be sick right now. 




2 comments:

kenju said...

Clearly that top comment is spam. I would delete it, were I you.

I don't envy you your problems with your brother. Good luck.

Olga said...

You have been on my mind with the tornado news. I hope you are all safe.