Monday, August 29, 2011

Counting Your Blessings

The weekend was so so.  I was sick all weekend and didn't get out of bed all day Saturday.  Ron took over and spent Saturday with Mike just so I could get some rest.  They went to an OU alumni basketball game which Mike thoroughly enjoyed.  He even lasted through the whole game.  Ron took him to eat and it was just a big day for Mike.

Sunday Ron took Mike to church.  As they were seated in the sanctuary Mike asked Ron when the first OU football game was going to happen.  Ron told him and Mike asked if he could stand up and yell Boomer Sooner.    Thank goodness he asked first!  Ron told him church might not be the proper venue.  

Last night Mike called me and said his neighbor Tom asked if he could mow Mike's yard for him for free.  His kindness made Mike cry and his neighbor said, "You can pay me by sharing your blessings with me."  So, Mike called me to get help writing down his blessings.  We talked about what he considers his blessings which were University of Oklahoma football, his Silver Slippers aerobics class, his neighbor Tom, his church and his brother and sister.  Then Mike told me he told Tom he would give him his blessings in three's.    I just love the way he thinks..................

4 comments:

Olga said...

Ron sounds like such a treasure. I hope you are feeling better.

Arkansas Patti said...

First off, I am so sorry you have been sick and hope you are all better now. Lady, you really landed a peach in Ron. What a neat guy he is and so is neighbor Tom.
That was too funny about boomer sooner.

kenju said...

What Patti said. Ron is a treasure.

marciamayo said...

a treasure indeed!