Monday, January 17, 2011

Huge Progress

Mike made huge progress this weekend.  He stayed alone in his house last night.  It has taken a month but he did it.  I'm really proud of him.  I told him it was like falling off a horse.  If he didn't get back on it he might not ever do it.  It was almost becoming a phobia, his fear of being alone.  I know it is still just one day at a time but so far so good.

Tomorrow he sees the doctor at the Pottawatomie Clinic.  He's still reacting to his meds and the rash is continuing to break out.  It's better than a week ago but he has new places breaking out.  I'm not sure what the doctor will prescribe this time.

Wednesday Mike has a treatment plan meeting at Community Mental Health and he will also see the psychiatrist again.  So things are moving along.  

It seems weird to actually be alone in my own house again.  Ron is back in his house and he has a lot to get done.  He's got to have an estate sale and get his house on the market.  Of course he will see the doctor the first week in February and I'm hoping he will then be having surgery.  So, it's going to be hard to get all this done. 

4 comments:

kenju said...

You never cease to amaze me, so I'm sure you will accomplish it all. It's good to know that Mike conquered that hurdle.

betty said...

I'm glad things seem to be looking up. Hope they continue that way.

marciamayo said...

All good news, Dani. Just keep moving forward.

Arkansas Patti said...

Wonderful, positive news. So glad things are moving forward for you all.