Friday, August 13, 2010

PERKS OF AGING

I came across another perk of aging last night.  I went to dinner and a movie with a friend last night.  We decided a cheap $1.00 movie would be a great way to end the evening and upon stepping up to the ticket counter we were tactfully asked "Would you by chance be 60 years old or older?"  

I replied, "Why by chance we are."  

The cute young lady then said, "Well, if you are over 60 and the temp. reached 100 degrees today you get in free."

I then began to giggle louder and responded, "Thank goodness we didn't have to be over a 100."

So, what I'm trying to figure out is this,  are they thinking that because us "seniors" are risking life and limb by just venturing out in the heat we deserve a free movie if we survive the trip?

Just wondering! 

Actually, I know they are offering a way for lower income seniors to escape the heat if the do not have air conditioning and I applaud them for their efforts!  I just wonder if these same seniors have transportation to the movies.  Maybe that is something to look into - 

3 comments:

kenju said...

I sure wish our theaters did that, because I'd have gone to see at least 4 or 5 in the past month!!

marciamayo said...

Whatever the reason, I love it as Georgia has see quite a few 100 days this summer. I could have become a movie critic.

Arkansas Patti said...

Gee, I could have gone to the movies every day--if we had a theater. The library and Walmart are the cool off spots here.