Saturday, August 14, 2010

Lovely day with an old friend and met two new friends as well.  We went to see the movie Eat Pray Love with Julia Roberts.  I read the book so I was anxious to see how the movie would portray it.  Let me first say that I was not all that taken with the book so I was surpised about all the hype it has created.  The movie was good but for me forgettable.  The book had a lot more substance to it.  My favorite part was Italy and all the eating................ahhhhhhh to eat without guilt.............now that is a spiritual awakening.   I'm anxious to hear some other thoughts about the book or the movie.

4 comments:

marciamayo said...

I tried to read the book and abandoned it during the pray part. It just seemed so self indulgent. I have a friend who went to see the movie yesterday and walked out in the middle. I thought Julia might be able to pull if off but, at least for my friend, she couldn't.

Olga said...

I read the book and "self-indugent" was exactly what I kept thinking. I doubt I'll watch the movie.

oklhdan said...

Gosh ladies....I am always pleasantly surprised by how much we think alike. Self-indulgent was exactly how I saw the book as well. The movie was just a bunch of hype about nothing. Nothing out of the ordinary that is....the way Oprah was carrying on about the book & the movie you would have thought it was the second coming of Christ.

MtnGrl said...

You all have confirmed my suspicions about the book AND the movie! Whenever I saw heaping mounds of those books for sale or heard interviews with the author, I was...incredulous in the most Scooby Doo-like way. Lucky lady, Ms. Gilbert, I guess.