Thursday, June 24, 2010

update on Ron

Ron saw his doctor Tuesday and after the appointment he came walking into my office looking glum and holding a piece of paper.  My heart sank because he looked as if he had just been told what I've been fearing since last September.  He sat down next to my desk and handed me the paper.  I was shaking when I opened it and read "How to manage Gerd"......acid reflux?  This is why you look like someone ran over your dog?  The doctor wants you to go on a diet????????  That's all?????????  I thought he should have been dancing on the ceiling but NOOOOOOOOO he was upset because the doctor told him he's fat!   Well, welcome to my world!!!!!!!!!!!  As long as I live I will never understand this man!  I can't tell you how relieved I am that his diet is his only immediate problem.  The bulge on his side is normal for the type of surgery Ron had and basically the doctor told him he would never be symetrical again.  (This too upset Ron)  I asked him if this news had thwarted a possible career move as a Chippendale dancer but my humor only made him mad.  Oooops  Sometimes he drives me absolutely nuts!  I guess we will just sit back now and wait until September when he has his next CT scan.  In the meantime I'm looking for bricks to elevate the head of his bed!  I guess the best place to look is in HIS HEAD!

4 comments:

marciamayo said...

Isn't it great to know you will have him around for a while longer to continue to drive you nuts?
Great news!

Olga said...

Men do have their little vanities.
I thought your remark about the dance career was a hoot.

Anonymous said...

Oh, HUGS, HUGS, HUGS. **HAPPY DANCING*!!

I liked the dance career remark, too. Men ... they just don't SEE the big picture, sometimes ...

I'm so happy for you both.

BIG HUGS.

Barb

kenju said...

GERD is a lot easier to treat than some things - so he should be happy.

Love your remark about Chippendales!!