Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Raining Cats and Dogs

We've had a little rain in Oklahoma over the past two days.  This is the flooding that took place in Okla. City. Yesterday.  We received more rain last night.  Thankfully we've experienced nothing on the scale that happened in Arkansas.



They received over 11 inches of rain in about a 2 hours span.  That's a lot of water.  Some places received as much as 16 inches.


I am still waiting for the report on my mammogram.  I'm hoping to hear something today.  The doctor was not in the office yesterday when I called.  I am expecting she will send me for a follow-up ultrasound just like the last time. 


I still haven't convinced Ron to call his doctor yet.  I'm relentless so he will eventually give in just to shut me up!  He did however get an appointment with the dermatologist because he saw a brown spot on his face.  I'm pretty sure it is just an age spot and if the doctor tells him that he will have a fit.  He is not handling the aging process gracefully!  (ha)  Men crack me up!

4 comments:

marciamayo said...

Dani, it's good to have you back in the blogosphere.
Isn't it interesting that Ron will see about his age spot but not the elephant on his side? I'm afraid that I'm the same way, ignoring the big things while I obsess over the small ones.

Linda said...

I see Oklahoma and Arkansas are having floods. Hope you manage to escape it.

Why do you think Ron is so reluctant to see about his side? Is he having trouble dealing with what he might hear?

Olga said...

I watch the news less and less lately and now I'm thinking of giving up checking in on the weather. Well, lately the weather is the news it seems.

Arkansas Patti said...

The first time you hear from your dermatologist that what concerns you is "age related" is when you know the downhill slide has begun.
Keep after him about the bulge. If it is a hernia, it can be serious if not taken care of.
Stay dry.