Friday, September 18, 2009

TGIF

Well, after another sleepless night and a lot of tears today I finally called my doctor and made an appointment for next week. I'm physically and emotionally drained. I went by to see my oldest brother last night and learned that his cancer has returned. I just feel as if I can never take a deep breath anymore. That anvil is getting closer and closer to landing on my head. I just decided I need to get checked out because I am almost certain I have gone from pre-diabetic to the full-blown version. My diet has been horrific for the past 6 months. I have had 2 fainting spells this week..totally out of the blue for no apparent reason. I just haven't taken time to get myself checked out and I finally decided I have to stop and take care of myself. I'm also tired of hearing myself sound so dismal.....I want to be my happy self again.

3 comments:

kenju said...

PLEASE get checked out. It's very sad about your brother, but nothing will be served if you get ill from neglect. Take care with those fainting spells.

Betty said...

I'd be very surprised if you weren't stressed out, considering what you've had to deal with lately. Yes, I agree with kenju. See the doctor. If you don't take care of yourself, you won't be able to take care of anyone else. Good luck.

Arkansas Patti said...

Judy and Betty have said it all. You must take care of yourself and NOW.
I am so sorry about your brother but do not be too disheartened. My cancer has come back several times. We do have much better tools to fight the big C these days. We have to fight one battle at a time. He has been added to my prayer list.