Thursday, September 17, 2009

Rainy days and restless nights

Ron gets his staples removed this morning. I can't believe it has already been a week since his surgery. He's still doing great!

We have had nothing but rain and drizzle for the past week here in Oklahoma. Normally I love dark, rainy days, but it is starting to get to me. It's a little depressing.
I don't see any sign of it letting up for awhile either.

I had a restless night last night as I kept having strangers running in and out of my dreams. I think I woke up every hour on the hour until I got up at 5:00 a.m. It was surrender on my part. I saw no point staying in bed.

I've had absolutely nothing to write about as the only thing that has been on my mind for the past month is Ron's illness and questions about his future. I can't seem to think about anything else. If this continues I may have to seek a little outside help. I'm not even sure I can articulate all the things that are bothering me at this point. Lots of fear.......

2 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Talking to someone helps. When our mind is our only audience, things get larger than can be handled. Let the fears out for a good airing.It will help.

oklhdan said...

Thanks Patti...I just called the Hospice Center that cared for my mom and requested information on their grief counseling. I think I need to talk to someone also.