Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Biggest Loser 8

What an opening night for this season's Biggest Loser. I was in tears just about all the way through the episode. I admire these people so much for it takes a lot of courage to bare yourself that way both emotionally and physically. Abby, the young teacher from Texas, broke my heart with her story of personal tragedy. She lost her husband, 5 1/2 year old daughter and 2 1/2 week old son in a car accident involving a drunk driver just two years ago. She is trying to find a "normal" life again. Just hearing her story helped me put my life back in perspective.

Every time I watch the Biggest Loser I feel guilty. I mean here I am sitting in my recliner like a slug watching people sweat, puke, and exercise themselves into the hospital. Really makes me feel lazy. Not enough to turn off the tv and move but lazy none-the-less.

I am curious as to the percentage of people who have participated on the Biggest Loser and how many of them have managed to keep the weight off. Since The Ranch is not the real world how do they fair a year or two after the show is over. Life style changes are hard to maintain.

I'm hooked.....so I guess I'll get out the hand weights and pump iron while I watch!

No comments: