Monday, June 15, 2009

I tried like crazy to access my blog from home this weekend but was unsuccessful. I lost all my bookmarks and blogger wouldn't let me in. Can't figure out what the heck happened.

We celebrated my brother's 61st birthday yesterday. When he was a little kid my dad told him that everyone put out the flag for his birthday. He always thought that was so cool. We had a pool party at my daughter's house and he loved it. I wanted to fill her yard with 61 American flags but I couldn't find enough little flags anywhere. I did bake him his favorite chocolate cake and he was one happy camper. I'm really proud of him. He's doing great and living on his own for the first time in his life. He's taking his medication faithfully and really doing well. He knows we are all here for him.

I made a list of projects I needed to get done Saturday and managed to accomplish all of them. I'm going to be off next week and I have another list in the works. I need to get estimates for a new roof and to paint the outside of the house. Home maintenance.......ain't it wonderful.

1 comment:

kenju said...

Yes, it's wonderful if you have the moolah to pay for it....LOL

Happy Birthday to your brother!!