Tuesday, June 3, 2008


There is a lot going on these days. Summer always brings its fair share of extra work. There is mowing the lawn, keeping the grass watered and pulling weeds. Which reminds me of my favorite tool…..the weed popper. I could talk for hours about the weed popper. Greatest stress reliever ever invented. You put the prongs under the weed and then step on the footpad and up flies the weed without ever bending or stooping over. It’s great! You can make a game of popping the weed as high as you can and then catching it in mid air with a trash bag. Sometimes I just pop them as fast as I can leaving little land mines all over the yard. It is just a great no skill required activity and it’s great exercise as long as you remember to switch legs. This is what middle age is all about….getting all worked up over a weeding device. I can’t believe I’ve been reduced to this. Is popping weeds all I have to do you ask. Well, yes. That or organize my spice rack alphabetically. Next, I’ll be that woman with the big butt mooning the neighbors while I bend over to yank a dandelion out of my yard.

No comments: