Friday, June 27, 2008

Old Dog New Trick


When I was growing up my father called me "Little Maudie" as he thought I acted like my paternal grandmother. This became the term used to describe a stubborn, bossy child or as he called me a "manager". I didn't react much to the term as a kid but now I am beginning to recognize the traits in myself that earned me this title. I'll be darned if he wasn't right......! Is it really too late to teach an old dog a new trick? As hard as I try I can't seem to curtail my bossy ways. I wonder if there is a dog whisperer for people. Someone who could follow me around all day and every time I started to manage someone or show the slightest sign of bossiness I'd get a squirt of water in my face. I actually know a few people who would volunteer for that job.

No comments: