Monday, May 12, 2008

What a perfect mother's day weekend!

I hope every mother had as good a weekend as I did. The weather was perfect the company was even better. I shopped with one daughter on Saturday and had lunch with both on Mother’s Day. I was given a children’s book that brought me to tears and then spent the afternoon with my own mother. It couldn’t have been a better day!

Friday evening Ron and I walked from my house downtown. What a lovely evening it was. The walk (round trip) was about 5 ½ miles but it was such a perfect evening I didn’t notice. We stopped at the Vista where Ron ate dinner (I had already eaten) and we watched the sunset from the rooftop restaurant. Then we just walked down main street window shopping and listening to the bands playing along the way. There were several patio graduation parties taking place and the music was loud and fun. It’s amazing how different things look when you are on foot as opposed to driving by at 30 mph. We stopped to read all the markers identifying historical sites and admired the bronze statue of James Garner (native son) depicting his days as Maverick. It was just a great evening I hope we can do again soon.

No comments: