Thursday, May 29, 2008

Vanity at 90


OK...here is the part of middle age that I hate. Today I have to coerce my 90 year old mother to the dentist where he will extract two teeth. This has been an ongoing battle for some time now. The dentist has now said it MUST be done. Now, how do you get a 90 year old woman to do something she flat refuses to do? She thinks it will make her face sink in. Now, I don't know what mirror she's been looking in but I think "sinking" is not an issue. I asked her if she was meeting someone after dark that the we are unaware of. My mother has always been an exceptionally pretty woman and is lovely even at 90. But there comes a time when we must set vanity aside and do what is medically necessary. My grandmother described her daughter as willful as a child but I'm here to say this little gal is willful at 90. I called my own daughters last night and apologized in advance for my future behavior. Just in case!

No comments: