Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Full Circle

I guess it is true, life is a full circle. We come into the world wrinkled, toothless and sometimes bald and if we live a normal life span we will leave it in relatively the same condition. Under the age of 12 we get discounts at movies and restaurants and low and behold we get them again when we reach "senior" status. None of this really excited me that much until I started ordering from Denny's senior menu. Right up at the top of the menu it says in big, bold letters, "For Our Senior Friends". Friends mind you, not acquaintances, not diners, it says FRIENDS. I don't know about anyone else but that makes me want to order a "Grand Slam" just for the adventure of it and besides...it's among "friends". Now Ihop has a nice senior perk going but it is more on the practical side and doesn't have that personal quality. If you are over age 55 you can order two entrees for the price of one between the hours of 4 pm and 6 pm. My kids ask, "Who in the world wants to eat so early?" But I have no problem with it. I need the extra time to ward of acid reflux. That gets me to bed right on time. So between coupons and senior discounts I guess that makes me the cheapest date in town. My significant other assured me that I'm just more bang for the buck! Age does have its own reward!

No comments: