Sunday, March 27, 2016

Guest room redo

Finally finished the guest room redo.  Still waiting for the gingham bed skirt and the trundle mattress but everything else is done.





Ron hung the mirror today.




I made the curtains out of tablecloths.  It was a lot less expensive than purchasing curtains.

The little red chair was the girl's dad's little chair and then it was theirs when they were little.  There was another one but some big kid sat in it and broke it.  Glad I still have this one.

As you may or may not be able to tell.  Red is my favorite color.  It has been my favorite since I ate my first red M & M.  It was my favorite color in the crayon box.  If I'm not careful everything in my house would be red.  It is just a happy color to me and fits with my Leo birth sign.

Now we have turned our attention to the backyard.  Ron assembled a purgola for the patio.  It will be nice to have some shade.  We are also working on digging a new flower bed in the back.

We started going to a gym and tomorrow begins our first full week of workouts.  We only went 2 days last week and I was sore as a boil.


3 comments:

Olga said...

That is such a cute room and I immediately loved that little red chair on the wall!
Clever idea--using table cloth for curtains. Really opens up the color/pattern choices too, i'll bet.

Florence said...

Your guest room looks so cheerful and bright. I would never have thought of hanging a chair on the wall but it looks perfect. I hope your backyard projects turn out well too.

Deb said...

Oh, it's so cheerful and inviting! Your guests will feel so welcomed and comfortable! 

I love the red bedspread and using tablecloths as curtains was a very clever idea! And that wee red   chair on the wall, Shaker-style is a very cute touch. All in all I'd say this is a huge success Dani!