Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day

Well, we met the new suitor and I must say he seems very nice and quite smitten with my daughter.  It seems almost too good to be true that she has found someone who makes her smile and feel so special.  Her twin sister is very protective of her and has her guard up.  I think after she spends more time with him she will feel better about everything.  None of us want to see Jamie get her but if she doesn't take a chance she will never find love again.

I met with my former son-in-law to get some paperwork needed for my daughter to complete her taxes.  He told me he is selling his land (now valued over $7 million dollars) and he says he is going to pay off the house so my daughter can stay in it.  Of course it is only talk at this point but I hope he does it and then I know Jamie will be ok and will not have to sell her house.  

It is sad but I believe that the land is partially what led to the divorce.  He inherited it from his folks and I learned from an attorney that the land only became marital property if they did any improvements to it or sold it while they were married.  At least that is the law in Oklahoma.   Of course the fact that he was having an affair didn't help either.

I have my fingers crossed he will do the right thing.

I had a great day with my valentine.  We went to church with Mike and then had lunch.   The rest of the day we just stayed home and enjoyed each other's company. 

 

No comments: