Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Losing a pet is hard!

Ron and I took my daughter's dog Sophie to the vet yesterday to help my daughter out.  Unfortunately we received some bad news that Sophie has cancer.  She is my daughter's precious fur baby and on top of the divorce it is devastating news.  The vet said that even with chemo it would not prolong her life.  She has about 6 months.  She can be kept comfortable for awhile with steroids.  Since Sophie is 14 years old that seems to be the most reasonable course of action to take.  I hated to have to give Jamie this news but her vet is a sweet young lady who gave Jamie her personal cell phone #.  It seems she is also going through a divorce and was so sympathetic to the situation.  She is going to come to Jamie's house when the time comes to let Sophie go.  I thought that was wonderful.

Ron and I were so busy yesterday running around getting things done.  Tomorrow I'm volunteering at school to help my daughter Julie with some things she needs to get done before her surgery on the 17th.  Is life always this blissfully hectic after retirement?  I'm not complaining one bit because I love it!

My next project is to make and can apple butter.  One of my favorites.  But the catch is I've never canned anything in my life and I don't want to mess it up and kill someone.   Plus  I don't have a water bath canner or any other canner for that matter.  Oh what a tangled web we weave..........one thing leading to another.  But I'm gonna give it a try.  I have a recipe for Amish apple butter cooked in the crockpot.  Hope it is fool proof!

1 comment:

Olga said...

It is always hard to lose a beloved pet, but this seems like a cruel blow. I hope the next year is a whole lot better to your daughter.