Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Rusty old bucket

I was off yesterday going to doctor appointments.  My last for 3 months.  Diabetes doctor took me off all arthritis medication because it is doing a number on my kidneys.  He said I have stage 3 renal disease which I hear is common as we age.  well of course......why not?  Now I'm going to be moving like the tin man!

Had a wonderful lunch at Olive Garden with my daughters.  It is hard to get them together at the same time so when I do it is always fun.  They talk at the same time and my head just ping pongs from one to the other.  They've done that since they learned to talk.  Finish each others sentences etc.

Ron turned in his notice at work yesterday.  He will officially be retired July 31st at 12:00 noon.  Then the following Monday, our first day of retirement, we take Mike to the doctor!

My childhood girlfriend and I plan to meet in Vegas ASAP.  I'm going to start looking for cheap airline tickets.  I can't wait to see her since it has been over 40 years. So much to catch up.

 

2 comments:

Olga said...

how exciting...looking forward to retirement and meeting up with an old friend.

Gwen said...

eek! Take care of those kidneys! :)