Friday, June 5, 2015

Busy time this weekend

Boy this is a busy month for Ron and I.  Between trying to make decisions about Medicare supplemental insurance and setting up our retirement accounts we are going in a million directions.  

In addition we still have storm damage to contend with.  Two of our large trees lost some huge limbs that have to be cut up.  Don't know when we will get to that.  We are also waiting for the new roof to be put on the barn.

Now, I'm a person who likes to have projects to do but my husband, not so much!  He'd be content to watch old movies all day and sleep in his recliner.  I have to have something to do.  That is why I have applied for two jobs after retirement.  I applied with our local school system.  One job is at the high school around the block from our house and the other is at a grade school also a short distance from our house.  I'd have summers and holidays off so it sounded like a good deal.  Now to wait and see if I even get an interview.  Either way I will be substituting for my daughters in their classrooms when they need me.

Today I am going to pick up Mike's meds.  The pharmacy has a new call-in system but it is a crap shoot if they will get the order right.  Mike takes 14 different meds and some of them are the "big Kahoonas" as he calls it... He is very paranoid about his meds.  so I have to be very certain that they are filled correctly.

Tomorrow night I have a date with my husband to go to a wedding.  I'm looking forward to getting dressed up for a change.  Ron is quite dapper in a suit and tie if I say so myself!  


No comments: