Monday, April 27, 2015

Great weekend

I love weekends when I feel like I accomplished a lot.  I took off work last Friday and had a great day.  I did a little shopping and I cleaned house (a little spring cleaning).  Saturday Ron took Mike to a baseball game so I was able to work uninterrupted all day.  No phone calls.  I finished cleaning out two closets and then I mowed the yard.  That was a surprise for my sweet husband. 

Yesterday we went to church and then had Mike over for dinner.  Mike had a great weekend and so did I.  

This Saturday we are going to take Mike on a little road trip.  We are going to go to Poteau, Oklahoma which is just 22 miles west of Ft. Smith, Arkansas.  It is about a 3 1/2 hour drive.   That is where our parents are buried and we are going to the cemetery to take flowers.  I don't like traveling on Memorial weekend so we thought we'd go this weekend.  Hopefully we can see some of our cousins while we are there and have lunch.  I'm looking forward to the trip.
 95 days until retirement............can't wait.

1 comment:

Olga said...

Weekends don't easily lose their meaning even after retirement. It is wonderful to shop and take care of other errands during the week though.