Tuesday, September 30, 2014

So far I haven't had any diet drinks for the past 7 days.  Surprisingly it hasn't been as hard to break the diet coke addiction as I thought it would be.  There has only been 1 time that I thought "boy a diet coke would sure be good about now" and that was when we went out for a hamburger.

I'm drinking about 2 1/2 to 3 liters of water per day and I NEVER drank water before this.  So that is huge for me.  I can say that I am noticing my skin is much more hydrated than before.  

I'm checking by blood sugar just as directed.  So far I haven't seen any numbers that are alarming in the least.  One evening it was high but that was due to eating late that night and going to bed early. 

I've got to start thinking about Christmas.  I was trying to come up with ideas the other day but my creative mind is asleep.   

Unfortunately I haven't gotten rid of pain like I had hoped.  I started having excruciating knee pain last week on the same side as my hip replacement.  From all the research I've done this isn't uncommon especially if the hip was bad for sometime before replacement.  It has to do with how I compensated by changing my gait etc.   But it is very frustrating to simply trade one pain for another.

I think the only thing to do is to do exercises to strengthen the leg and especially muscles around the knee.  I printed a whole list of them and I'm starting today.  They say it could take as long as a year to rehab. the knee/leg.  Good grief!  Will it ever end??????


2 comments:

Olga said...

Giving up the soda for water is a great step forward. I hope that you can get a handle on that knee pain. It will take a bit of time to re-educate your muscles, I suppose.

Meryl Baer said...

I also gave up the diet soda when reading recently about the potential awful effects - which I knew, but never admitted to myself.