Monday, September 22, 2014

Man Cold

My poor husband was home all weekend with a cold.  I actually talked him into staying home Friday and  hibernating with the dog.  So he and Bella vegetated all weekend. 

I don't know why it is that when a man has a "man cold" it is the end of life as we know it.  I am married to one of the sweetest men in the world but when he's sick - watch out - cause he is one big cranky man.  I'll sure be glad when he starts feeling better because I can only hide out for so long.

I did keep myself busy and (absent) as much as possible.  I did so much more this weekend than I've been able to do for a long time.  I did some house cleaning at Mike's house plus took care of his Subway card and weekly allowance.  I did grocery shopping and even managed an outing with both daughters to an outlet mall in the city.  That just about did me in though.  

All in all a good weekend in spite of the man cold.

I am actually getting excited about the holidays.  I had a moment of regret that I got rid of so many holiday decorations last year.  At the time I couldn't imagine ever being physically able to decorate the house again.  I hadn't been able to for four years so I just let it all go.  Now I want to decorate for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas..........but I sure can't purchase new stuff.  It took me years to collect what I had.  I guess we will just drive around and enjoy what our neighbors put out.

It feels wonderful to be excited about things again!

2 comments:

Linda Hoye said...

My hubby has contracted a man cold too. It truly does seem like the end of the world as he knows it! I have to help reminding him that it's only a cold...and that I am not a nurse. I rarely get sick and so am not as empathetic as perhaps I should be. Still, it's just a cold for goodness sake!

oklhdan said...

I know exactly what you mean Linda!