Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Blessings Abound

We are so blessed......Ron's CT results were very good.  The nodules in his right lung are stable (no change)!  His left lung looks good, only some visible scarring which is expected since he had part of his lung removed.  Left kidney area good and right kidney looking good.  His oncologist told him he's one lucky man.  So we have another 3 months to celebrate....

The polar blast has blasted its way through Oklahoma and we are starting to warm up a little.  Thank goodness.  I feel so bad for the people up north.  I heard on the news this morning that yesterday was below freezing in all 50 states.  Yes.....even one place in Hawaii.  That's amazing.  Never underestimate nature.

My older brother had a pipe freeze overnight in his house and they awoke to a flooded living room, dining room and kitchen.  I felt so bad for he and his wife.  That's a lot of work to pull back carpets, replace under pads and dry it all out with fans.  My brother has had cancer and he has a bad back so I hope he wasn't lifting any of that furniture but we know how men can be!

I am feeling really blessed lately.  Last week I was more than down in the dumps........I was really, really, depressed.  I realized that I had lost touch spiritually and that I needed to release everything to Him.  I did just that and I can tell you I feel like a ton of bricks were lifted from my shoulders.  I keep having to be reminded that I'm not in charge.  Maybe someday that lesson will stick.

No comments: