Monday, December 16, 2013

UPDATEs from the bionic woman

Well, I finally found out what is causing me so much hip pain.  It wasn't bursitis but instead I need two hip replacements and two knee replacements.  I was caught off guard to say the least.

I'm starting with spinal injections to help with the slipped disc and nerve pain then I'll schedule the right hip replacement.  We'll see how that goes and then decide when to schedule the left hip.  I probably won't address the knees until I absolutely HAVE to and that may be after I retire.

Jan 2, I have the MRI and then Ron has his CT scan in mid January.  We need the results of his scan before I schedule surgery for myself.

We are never prepared for a surprise!  Just when I think I have my life plotted out I get a big surprise!  Our biggest decision is when to tell Mike.  It won't be until we have to because he gets really anxious if anything is going on with Ron and I.  I only have to refer to Ron's lung surgery.  

I was so saddened to learn about the passing of Patrick Leer.  He wrote the Caregivingly Yours blog and was just a fine man.  He was primary caregiver for his wife Patti for over 20 years. Patrick chronicled their experience and provided invaluable information to other caregivers.  He will be missed.
   


No comments: