Monday, December 9, 2013

I have had a rough week between back pain and hip pain and no sleep.  On top of a winter storm that made me afraid to step out on the ice.  Fortunately I was able to stay at home for most of it and ice my back.

I'm looking at a house that is for sale directly behind ours.  It is a cute 2 bedroom home that would be perfect for Mike.  We could put a gate in the fence and he could walk over anytime he wanted.  We talked to a realtor yesterday and toured the inside of the house (with Mike).  The only question Mike had was, "How am I going to use my goggles in that shower?"  Instead of a walk-in shower it has a tub/shower combination.  That threw him a curve ball I guess.  But he went home and "practiced" by taking a shower in the tub/shower combo in his current house.  He said, "It can be done." 

Now, my anxiety level is way up there because I don't want to make a bad financial decision, I don't know if I'm physically up to moving Mike and I don't know if that is just TOO close for comfort.  The reality is that we are taking care of him 24/7 as it is and this would just make it a lot more convenient.  The taxes are lower because it is a much smaller house than what he is in now.  It has been completely renovated with new windows/new siding/paint and carpet so we wouldn't have much maintenance.  

So, I'll pray about it and try to make this best decision for everyone concerned.


kenju said...

I don't envy you having to make that decision. I see that it will make taking care of him a lot easier if he is close by, but it could also be a problem for you if he comes in at all hours or inopportune times. Good luck.

Olga said...

You are in my thoughts so much of the time. I am sure that you will receive the guidance that you need.

oklhdan said...

I'm just trying to take it one day at a time. I may have to talk to the doctor about the anxiety I'm experiencing.