Thursday, February 21, 2013

It's been a long day already.  I awoke to thunder/sleet on the day that I had to be at work for a meeting by 6:00 am.  I was afraid I'd be the only one here but fortunately we had enough for a quorum.
Fortunately the sleet and snow were out of here by 10 am and things have dried up.

I'm finally over my respiratory infection and feeling human again.  It's just been a long two weeks.

People are starting to feel the impact of the so-called sequestration.  The  FAA has put their furlough plans in place.  My friend Linda's husband will be furloughed and will potentially lose $9,000/year.  That's a real hit.  Even Walmart is complaining and asking "Where are all our customers?"   Everyone is scared to spend any money and that's not going to help the economy. 

I don't understand how so many politicians can have their heads up their butts.  It's discouraging for sure.

No comments: