Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to all!  We rang in the new year last night in front of the television.  Didn't plan on staying up but it just turned out that way.

I've enjoyed my 10 days off work but it all ends tonight.  Back to work tomorrow ready or not.

Ron got a new car to replace the one that was stolen.  We sure weren't wanting to spend the money on a car right now but lucky we were able to find one he likes.  It helps take the sting out of the whole ordeal.  He isn't going to get much from the insurance company because it was a 20 year old car and they don't care whether it only had 49,000 miles on it.

I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas and I love it!  I've already ready 3 books and can't wait to start another one.  I wasn't sure if I would like reading on it but I really do.  I don't miss turning pages the way I thought I would.

My daughter is recovering nicely from her surgery.  They will take stitches out this Friday and the pins will be removed in 3 weeks.  I don't know how long she will have to wear her cast.  But she's doing much better now. The other daughter's broken toes are mending nicely as well.

So, a new year begins!  I wonder what surprises lie ahead!   Hope everyone has a great 2013!

2 comments:

Betty said...

I love my Kindle, too. In fact, I'm thnking of upgrading it.

Glad everyone is healing nicely.

Unknown said...

happy new year
Tilers

Tilers in London