Saturday, October 27, 2012

Yesterday I took Mike to meet his new psychiatrist.  Mike was anxious as usual but it went pretty well.  Dr. S. was about an hour behind schedule as he was trying to see all the former doctor's patients as well as his own.  We finally got in his office and had been seated about 5 seconds when I heard the awful rumbling omitting from Mike's stomach.  Mike's eyes bugged out and he suddenly jumped up and said "Doc, I need to go to the bathroom."  Dr. S. opened the door and pointed down the hall.  That's the last we saw of Mike for about 15 minutes.  I basically had the meet and greet with the doctor while we listened to the thunderous sounds coming from down the hall.  By the time Mike came back the appointment was over. 

When we got to the car to go homeI asked Mike if he was feeling alright and he said yes.  Then he told me that he drank about 16 ounces of prune juice before he left his house.  "WHAT"? I asked. 

I then told him to never do that when he knew he had an appointment to go to.  He said....."I'll try."

Thank goodness the prune juice didn't hit him while we were on the highway.  He'd have jumped out of the car like a ruptured duck.

Life with Mike is never dull!

3 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Sixteen oz of prune juice?? Mercy!!! Too bad he didn't need a colonoscopy as he would have been clean as a whistle.
Life with Mike certainly is an adventure. I'll bet boredom isn't even in your vocabulary. "Life With Mike" would be a great title for a book.
Hope he gets to meet his new doctor next time and likes him.

Olga said...

Oh, yikes. Who else would drink so much prune juice?

Muffy's Marks said...

Oh my that could have been disastrous!! You never know what kind of adventure Mike is going to take you on!!! Keep smiling!